MATTHEWS AGENCY PTY LTD ACN 652 161 432
This Policy is effective from the last modified date of 18 May 2022.
Matthews Agency Pty Ltd and its affiliated entities (‘we’, ‘us, ‘its’ or ‘our’), may collect personal data and information from you in the delivery of our Services on our website, email and other telecommunication marketing and communiques and other online Services (collectively the ‘Services’).
WHAT IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may require you to disclose your personal data and information for the provision of our Services. Should you decide to use pseudonym or opt to deal anonymously with us, we will not be able to obtain delivery of the Services.
The types of personal information we collect and hold includes (but is not limited to):
- Mailing or Street addresses;
- Email addresses;
- Telephone numbers;
- Birth Date;
- Business History;
- Educational History;
- Financial Information;
- Bankruptcy and credit reporting information;
- Bank account information and credit card details;
- Insurance related information;
- Licensing information;
- Copies of photo identification (e.g. drivers licence & passport); and
- Other personal information you provide to us directly in relation to the Services we are providing to you.
WHY DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We collect your personal information for the primary purpose of providing our Services to you, providing information to our clients and for marketing. We may also use your personal information for secondary purposes closely related to the primary purpose, in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure. You may unsubscribe from our mailing/marketing lists at any time by contacting us in writing.
When we collect personal information, we will, where appropriate and where possible, explain to you why we are collecting the information and how we plan to use it.
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED?
We collect your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. When collecting personal information from you, we may collect it in ways including:
- through your access and use of our website;
- by telephone, email, fax, SMS or letter;
- during conversations between you and our representatives;
- by entering competitions, promotions or requesting information from us;
- by contracting with us; or
- by completing surveys or providing feedback.
Sometimes we may collect personal information from a third party such as credit reporting agencies and government bodies or from representatives such as lawyers and accountants. If you provide personal information to us about someone else, you must ensure that you have their consent to disclose their information to us. You should also ensure that you take reasonable steps such that the individual concerned is aware of the various matters dealt with in this policy. We endeavour to contact and notify the individual of the circumstances of such collection where it is reasonable to do so.
If we receive personal information that we did not solicit, we will determine as soon as reasonably practicable whether we could have legitimately collected that information as part of our Services. If we determine the unsolicited information could not have been legitimately collected by us, then provided it is lawful and reasonable to do so, we will destroy or de-identify that information as soon as practical.
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION USED?
We use your personal information to assist us in:
- promoting and providing you with our Services;
- completing a transaction to which the provision of that personal information relates, for example, in the completion of application forms;
- For our internal administrative, marketing, planning, product development and research requirements;
- providing you with information, newsletters or other communications requested by you; and/or
- enabling you in participate in promotions, competitions and surveys conducted by us.
STORING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or exposure. We require all our Employees, Contractors and Agents to maintain the confidentiality of customer information.
Access to information stored electronically is restricted to our Employees, Contractors and Agents whose job requires access to the information.
Access to our computer systems is restricted through password protection. If we no longer need your personal information, we will destroy or remove the information.
ACCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
At any time, you may ask us to provide you with a list of the personal information we hold about you, and copies of that personal information. We will endeavour to provide you with the data within 30 days of receiving your request. We may charge you a small fee to cover any administrative costs that we may incur in providing personal information to you.
There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you reasons for any refusal.
If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it. We will consider if the information requires amendment. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment, then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to our related bodies corporate, our Agents, our approved panel of lenders, service providers, property data service providers and agents that we use in the ordinary operation of our business.
We will only use and disclose your personal information for the purposes that we collected the personal information, such as:
- assisting you with the sale of a property;
- assisting a third party purchase your property;
- to assist you to locate a suitable property;
- whether you may qualify for a property, loan and/or insurance product;
- for administrative purposes, such as data processing, printing or mailing;
- to update a referrer with the general progress of a product sold to you (excluding any sensitive information); and/or
- for other services that we offer that you may require.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
CONTACTING US AND FEEDBACK
You can make any requests relating to your personal information held by us or any complaints regarding treatment of your privacy by contacting:
1/3-7 Puckle Street,
Moonee Ponds VIC 3039
Ph: 03 9020 7957